Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Why do I believe what I believe?

I personally say I believe the Bible, which I truly think I mean to. But do I know what the Bible says so that I actually know what I say I believe?
 But what does believing the Bible really mean? Do I know and understand how the Bible came to be. Who contributed to it and what the original intent and meaning was and how that applies to me today?
And if the Bible is true and what it says is true, then what does that mean for me.
How do you know you think it is true unless you have read it and know what it says?  And then why do you not do what it says if you believe it is true?

So because I believe the Bible is true, then I feel I need to dedicate my life to reading, studying, and really learning and applying what it says.
Obviously I can’t do this in one night, week, month, year, but over my lifetime, if I keep pursuing, then I will learn more.
My challenge to myself…. Read, study, learn and apply what the Bible says and then check a year later and reflect on how it has enriched, changed, or helped my life.
If the emphasis the preachers and Christian teachers put on learning and living the Bible is as important as they say it is, then it’s time to start. 

No comments:

Post a Comment